Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What Used to Be the World's Tallest Building

This is Taipei 101. It used to be the tallest building in the world. The entire 5 bottom floors are filled with designer boutiques, mostly from Western fashion lines-- I now know where to find the Tiffany's in Taiwan if I'm in the market for some bling. But, more importantly, I found a shop on the map named Piaget. And I got to joke, with someone who understood, that it would sell developmentally appropriate toys... like water glasses that pour into each other, or things that temporarily hide. We thought it was funny and it proved that I am not alone.

In Taipei, we also...
... watched a super cool underground-esque Tap Dance show. It had tappers with an attitude from all across the world. My personal fav was "Summertime," that's right, from Porgy and Bess.
... stayed with a hostile hostel-er. He cursed. A lot. And made me stay up most of the night wondering if I would be slaughtered in my sleep. No, I was actually safe considering it would have been one against nine.
... ate superb American breakfast... complete with French toast.

No comments: