Friday, August 10, 2007

Bike Riding

It's the end of an era, folks: I bought a bike yesterday and practiced for 2 hours this morning.

I can now ride for several minutes at a time. I can do straight lines and turns (though I'm not partial to lefthand turns) and I can bike hills. Now I'll just have to learn how to ride in traffic... and how to scooter... and how to drive. But hey, it's progress!

I'll upload a picture as soon as I get my roommate to take a picture of me on my bike.

My bike is bright purple and I'm open to suggestions, but currently favoring "Purple People Eater..." though there have been no pedestrian fatalities so far.

3 comments:

nutttshell said...

YAY! Is the bike close enough to Orchid color that you could name it MEP-MEP (road runner + MEP jokes = classic)?

Nomad0921 said...

The more important question is what YOUR nickname should be - Evil Knievel comes to mind. Or Jenny Andretti - you're mobile now!

Jenny said...

MEP MEP. That could definitely work. It's more of a gaudy reddish purple than a classy orchid.