Thursday, August 30, 2007

Baby, I was born to ride

(Just for my wonderful Bruce fans at home in New Jersey)

But check this puppy out:What you can't tell from the other side of the Pacific Ocean is that the decal says "Fever" and my awesome helmet with the pink visor says "Sprot" instead of "sport." And the license plate is WUG.

I'll try to get some video of me driving my scooter. I must have spent a good hour on it today between school and running errands. And it is very fuel efficient! The bad thing is that the drivers here are pretty nuts. So left turns scare the living daylights out of me; so rather than turn left, I turn right at a stop light and turn around so I can go straight later. Maybe once I'm more comfortable with driving in general I'll do some real left turns by choice.

Of course, the day I get my scooter is the day the city starts tearing up streets to repave them. The new pavement is great, the gnawed up pavement-base is a nightmare. But don't worry, I drive fairly slow, always wear my "sprot" helmet and I have insurance.



I'm seriously considering trying to get a vespa back in the States:)

1 comment:

Nomad0921 said...

Maybe not hot pink, but "sproty" nonetheless! I like having a biker babe in the family, kinda gives a harder edge to future family dinners.....anyone for tattoos and leather ? Don't you dare !