Friday, October 19, 2007

Weekly Mandarin: 12

12th edition: Ke ai

My school has 1st through 6th graders, and I only teach the 2nd, 3rd, and 6th graders. This is a good thing, because honestly, I'd spend all my time with the 1st graders just wanting to pinch their cheeks. All I can think about during story time with the 1st graders is how darn cute, or "ke ai," they are.

Of course, the 2nd and 3rd graders are ke ai too... like the adorably round girl named "Apple" and the little guy who gives me his lunch snack everyday. But, I'll have to take a picture of Gladys, my co-teacher's 1st grade daughter, and you'll understand.

1 comment:

Dalbanese said...

Even better about "ke ai" is that the "ke" is like "possible", as in "ke yi" or "can". "Ai" is love. So..."could love" or "lovable" is cute here...just purrfect, especially for the kids.