Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Super Typhoon Krosa

I guess the international news circuit was slow and decided to mention our super typhoon this weekend. Never fear, I haven't been washed into the Pacific Ocean. In fact, I didn't even lose power or internet. I just sat around watching Grey's Anatomy episodes and eating:)

My host mom was worried for my well-being, so she insisted on coming by on Friday night with a care package of food for me: 3 kinds of fresh bread, butter, soup mix, coke, sprite, and potato chips. I am definitely well-loved.

Don't tell Kelly (the Taiwanese Fulbright staff person assigned to keeping us safe), but we did go out before the typhoon got bad, because Kate and I realized we had an emergency situation: We didn't have enough bananas to last the typhoon! It's all about risk-management.

1 comment:

nutttshell said...

Yay! It sounded like it was going to be a really nasty storm. I'm glad to hear you're okay, and full of vitamin K!