Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Super Awesome Halloween

Ok, so the pumpkins here are... smaller and more like squash. And there sure isn't any real trick-or-treating. But I did have a really excellent Halloween anyway, thanks to my fabulous boyfriend and my wonderful host family. I got two different sets of Halloween candies and so very much more.

The school trick-or-treating didn't go so well, considering the TONS of rain and tired kiddies, but I was in love with their costumes. In so many cases, their families had clearly made the costumes themselves, and the kids where honestly proud of their cape made of a garbage bag with sparkles glued onto it. If there were more kids in the US who would be pleased with a simple, creative, homemade costume, the world would be a better place.

One of my personal favorites is on the left, with the spiderman mask, a floral house dress, and an inflatable hammer. Yes. Halloween at its best.
Garbage bag guy, he's got "I want candy" written on his back. Very direct.

2 comments:

nutttshell said...

YAY BABY JENNY DINOSAUR!

I can't wait to see photos of your munchkins. There was an interesting story in the Washington Post yesterday about how kids today refuse homemade costumes and insist on dressing like sluts even when they're only 10. (An 11 year old asked for a corset to help "lift everything up" to make her dress look better. Her mother said no.)


MWAH.

p.s. Tessa is a kangaroo. i saw a sneak peak of her costume, with a baby roo stuck in her pouch, along with an extra teddy bear for good measure. If I get email pictures, I'll send some your way.

Nomad0921 said...

I remember that picture! Of course, your Halloween costumes were a bit more ornate that a plastic bag with sprinkles - thank Mom for that - Glad to hear your Halloween was a good one. Mine was spent in a waiting room awaiting jury selection - yup - jury duty on Halloween ! I ca only say that while I wouldn't mind being on a short trial, there are few common activities more dreary than jury duty.