Sunday, March 16, 2008

Weekly Mandarin:33

33rd edition: Mang (Actually, I have a lot of trouble saying this word)

One of the members of our Advisory Panel assured us that the last semester would last exactly 20 seconds. I can definitely attest to it lasting longer than 20 seconds, but it's going by more quickly than the first, at least. Why? Because it's so mang, or busy!

Now I'm teaching at two schools. And I love taking my Chinese classes in 1 hour chunks, but dividing the three hours over three days means that there are three sets of homework each week. I'm also working away at the English Neighborhood teacher resource website (yeah, I know, big surprise I'm working on another teacher resource website). AND I'm spending more time on the weekends going and doing things while the weather's good and before I leave Taiwan in general (this morning, in the glorious weather, I went for a bike ride!).

So, if the blog posts are a little brief or not so creative, please blame the busy-ness.

Also, I actually learned this word in the second chapter of my Chinese textbook. So, before I could say "Where's the bathroom?", I could say "I am very busy." Oh, the close ties between language and culture.

No comments: