Friday, December 21, 2007

Wo de Sheng Re (My birthday!)

This year, my birthday was on a Monday, which meant I was at work. But it was pretty great, really because some of the kids really got into it. I thought my coteacher must have paid the 5th graders because so many of them came up to me and said "JENNYWEI teacher! Happy Birsday!" and... I don't teach them:)



But class 601 definitely took the cake for decorating the blackboard and singing to me. And then fabulous Kate brought the little bitties she teaches in to sing to me too! It was great!



And then afterschool, I went out to coffee with Kate and Angela, and a very good time was had by all.

I was also pretty pleased with myself for displaying enough self-restraint to NOT open birthday presents until my actual birthday. (Christmas presents haven't faired as well, hehe)

Overall, I had a pretty great birthday this year. Last year, I refused to tell anyone at work about my birthday because then they would know I really was THAT young. So this year, it was great to have a public birthday:)

1 comment:

Nomad0921 said...

Having a birthday gives you a finite start on the rest of your life - so enjoy ! I've had a few more than you (ahem, no comments please) so you learn to enjoy them more as they pile up.